The Source

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Picnic and Shopping

SparroWolf

Picnic and Shopping Empty Picnic and Shopping

Post  SparroWolf Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:42 am

Okay all! We have adopted the Imaculee family for Easter!

There are a few things we need to discuss before we meet tomorrow:

Firstly: Where should we meet? We could either just meet straight at whichever park we decide on, or we could meet at the church and take the church's van around to Walmart or Target or wherever we decide on going. If anyone has any other options they want to put forth, they are welcomed!

Next: Which park? If we go the Children's Memorial Park, Those of us living more South and East can meet at the church and meet those closer to the park there. If it is easier just to meet at the church, there are a number of parks around there that I am sure we would be able to haunt for a few hours.

Then: How are we doing lunch? Is this going to be a buffet style potluck where we all bring our favorite sandwich toppings and silverware and just make a few sandwiches at the park or are we doing the traditional "I'll bring chips, you bring soda, and you bring sandwiches" kind of potluck?

Also: Where are we shopping? I find that I shop best around Walmart, but Target is another option. I have not been there in a while, but I know they used to run rather pricey. The first step is actually calling the Imaculees and finding out what they need and then being able to run and find a good place to shop.

Lastly: Are we doing this again? The main thing I am worried about is miscommunication. Being as how this will be the first non-Sunday, non-Ken organized event that any of us have attended for the Source, I hope we can work stuff out online here. Also, based on the flyer I have stating the steps for filling this Easter Box, I would suggest that sometime closer to Easter we do this again, firstly because we can get anything we missed on the first go, and secondly because the box needs to be picked up by Thursday, April 5. If we can meet and compile what we have into that box on the Friday or Saturday after that, we could find some more stuff to fill up the extra space or shove in a few goodies that we make ourselves. This issue can be handled later, so it is not important if we talk about this before tomorrow.

The first four items do need to be decided on before we meet, so please comment and leave your opinions so we can consider all the options and hopefully make this a rediculously fun event for all of us! Oh, and if you would like a copy of the flyer, let me know and I will be happy to print and bring you a copy tomorrow. Thank you all!
    Panda
    Panda

Picnic and Shopping Empty Re: Picnic and Shopping

Post  Panda Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Picnic and Shopping Adopt-a-FamilyEaster2012-1-1
    Hey guys, here is a copy of the flyer. I marked out the number and address on this one for the family's privacy(I didn't want to post it out on the web.) If you want to call them just let me know and I will text you their number. I think it would be cool to do a potluck (everyone brings and item or two.) As for parks I got go wherever. And I think Walmart would have the best prices. That's my input. I hope to see you all tomorrow!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:20 am